Impress your friends and become an expert mixologist with drinks that are "stirred, not shaken."
You Will Need
* A stir glass
* A serving glass
* A bar spoon
* A strainer
* A swizzle stick or parasol
* An iced-tea spoon
Step 1: Put ice in glass
Fill the stir glass half-full of ice, and scoop more ice into the serving glass to chill it.
Ice made from spring, filtered, or distilled water will give your cocktail the best taste.
Step 2: Add alcohol and mixer
Pour alcohol and mixer over the ice.
Step 3: Stir drink
Stir slowly and deliberately with the bar spoon along the sides of the glass. About 20 swirls will sufficiently mix the drink, melting the ice enough to smooth out the alcohol.
If you don't have a bar spoon, use any long-handled spoon, such as an iced-tea spoon.
Step 4: Pour
Dump the ice from the serving glass and pour the drink through the strainer into the glass.
Step 5: Garnish
Garnish the drink with a swizzle stick or parasol and raise your glass in a toast. Cheers!
Fact: Cocktails or mixed drinks became popular during Prohibition to mask the taste of bootlegged alcohol.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades